Monday, May 28, 2012

Run Away!

When I was 10 years old, three of my friends and I decided to run away to the creek for three days. We were all set for our adventure, had written letters to our parents, and may have even gathered up some stuff for our survival, but in the end I called it off. My mom was pregnant with my sister and due any day, and I didn't want to miss her arrival, also I didn't want to stress my mom out, or make her think she or the new baby was the reason I was running away.

I wonder what would have happened had we gone through with it. Clearly we would have been fine, judging by the list of supplies we were going to bring:

It says:

Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm running away with a few friends. Don't worry and please don't get mad but whatever you do don't ever call the police, and don't panice and call a serch party to come and hunt me down!
I'll be back in 3 days
I brought every I need:
old clothes
warm clothes & blankets
tent
lots of food
lots of water
fishing poles & nets
pillow
sleeping bag
flashlight
sandles
brush 
soap
shampoo
underwear
hat 
toothbrush & toothpaste
lotion
bug spray
toliet paper
walkietalkies
bikes
gloves
string
clothes pins
watch 
borax

See don't worry or get mad think of it this way I'm camping. I'll be back in 3 days I promise! If I don't I'll miss you TO MUCH. I'm not alone. This is just to prove I can take care of myself.

With love from,
Sugar Dale


I think it is pretty cute that I signed it Sugar Dale. I probably thought that would make the letter seem a bit sweeter.

Pretty funny.

3 comments:

Miss Emmi said...

This is adorable. I love the "think of it as if I am camping!" I wonder if it would have worked haha

Gaby said...

Well prepared :) ! And how very grown up of you to call off the camping trip so you could be there for your sister's arrival and not freak out your pregnant mum.

Laura said...

Oh my... Very brave for a ten years old girl.