Friday, August 21, 2009

Coincidence

My boyfriend just got back from a little New York trip with a few gifts for me:



He called me up when he was there, and asked, "blue and red or green and yellow?" I happened to be wearing this dress, so I said green and yellow. This fabric arrived when he did and I love it! The dots are about 2" in diameter. Cute.

You will also notice he got me some cool 1 1/2" buttons, and yes, a cover buckle kit!

Here it is up close:



You can order several shapes and sizes at Maxant Button & Supply.

You, and I, and everyone else out there can cover our own buckles easily. Yeah man! That was the option I was hoping for from my previous post.

Enjoy ladies, and tell everyone you know about this wonderful discovery.

8 comments:

MiriamFashion said...

super dressss

Jean said...

Hi T, I am a huge fan of your work and style! I am not much of a sewer but I want to try it out. I really like your dress form. Could you tell me where to get one like it? Thanks!

Sugardale said...

Hello Jean,

That is actually just a mannequin not a dress form. I got it used at this place called Farkas fixtures in San Diego. I am not sure if you actually want a dress form (which can get pretty expensive) or a mannequin. Farkas sells online at:
http://www.farkasstorefixtures.com/

Hope that helps.

Pam said...

I have been looking for covered buckle kits for years. I've scored a few on Etsy, but hadn't found a contemporary seller. Thank you for the link!

Jean said...

Thanks! I'll check it out. Is yours similar to your size?

Badly Behaved Better Dressed said...

Thanks for this posting about self-covered belts. I've been an admirer of your blog (from afar) for a while, and I really enjoy your work. But I have to say, where have you been for the last little while? I'd really enjoy some new updates from you! (Strange place to leave a comment concerning that, since it's not your latest, but oh well.)
Question: Do you think that you could just make this in a sash-style if you leave out the little metal prong/eyelets? Sort of a tuck under/over thing? Not really sure how to describe it.

celeste said...

Thank you for sharing this info!!!
Beautiful work and great workspace :)

Tj said...

Thanks for the info on the covered buckles! I had big smile on while reading your post-my patner's in Japan right now and yesterday he sent me picture of fabric he picked up for me (so I can get the patterns decided before he gets back =). It is such a nice a thing to do isn't it?