Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pouffy Peek

A few weeks ago, my teacher asked me if I would take part in a little fashion show (which happened on Wednesday). The show was for a women's group that usually donates to my school's fashion show at the end of the year. I, of course, said yes. She said I could show past school projects or anything else that I had made. But why show old stuff? I think that with any opportunity, you should always be producing something new, because it will usually be better than your last, and new work will keep you moving forward to the next project and the next. So I made three new dresses. I did use one old thing. This 10 layered petticoat. Remember it?


I changed all that silver ribbon to white, and made three black and white dresses to go with it. Here is a little peek of one. All these dresses deserve cute poses, in a cool place, not my apartment. I haven't taken those yet, so this is all you get for now. Be expecting photos soon.

6 comments:

lsaspacey said...

OMG! What I can see I already love.

eden said...

wow! i am so excited to see the rest of that dress. just found your site on friday and found myself thinking about that little apron dress all weekend. you've inspired me!

EdgyK said...

I hope you'll post more pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

I want no. NEED to know how much fabric was used on that petti. So I can cringe as I look at my bank statement longing for my next paycheck. So I can speed to the closest fabric store with my bestie.
^.^g

Sugardale said...

This petticoat is ten layers.

I think I had about 50" wide tulle to work with, so I got about 2 petticoats per every 4 yards of fabric. So that should make about 20 yards of tulle. Luckily tulle is pretty inexpensive.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!! How do you make this petticoat?! It amazing!