Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Congregation of Cool People

Oh Man! ComicCon was fun. I got to see a lot of cool panels. The Lost panel was fun. Damon Lindelof (one of the writers) was wearing a t-shirt that said "TRUST SNAPE" and for those of you that have read the Harry Potter Series, you will understand why that is so cool. I want one. Even though it was nice to see Matthew Fox on the panel, I was really hoping for Michael Emerson. That guy is just great.

I also went to two Costume Design panels. Mary Vogt, who is a costume designer, and was on one of the panels took a picture of me in my Iron Man costume; that was cool. Anyway, all the designers on the Movie Costume Designers panel were very insightful and really excited to talk to everyone in the room. Michael Wilkinson, whom I didn't know much about before the panel had some great visuals for Watchmen. He showed this little video which got me excited about Watchmen and costume designing.

Aaaand my costume:

I thought that I was going to be really hot in it, but my skin was moist all day, and the air conditioning was on full blast, so I was more often cold (which is better than being hot). I got a million pictures taken, was molested by Robin, entered a costume contest with a fellow Avenger, and made it to the top 8, out of about 30 (I think), and met some cool people.

Here's me and Captain America


We are talking about some pretty important Super Hero stuff.

And us with Nick Fury.

Yeah man.


1 comment:

Turbok(n)itty said...

that's a pretty fantastic costume.....I made a She-Ra one for Halloween 2 years ago....just nobody really got it because everybody was too young to remember her......